Steve has extensive experience working in the electric, natural gas, water and telecommunication industries. He has been actively involved in initiatives advancing distributed energy resources, renewable energy and grid modernization. He has represented industrial, commercial, trucking, rail, transportation network and innovative technology businesses. Steve also has municipal and other local government clients in the fields of energy, water, sewer and environmental. He has also dealt with issues involving Regional Transmission organizations and the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission.
Most of Steve’s experience and insights are gained from his career with the Public Utilities Commission of Ohio (PUCO). During his tenure with this state agency, he held multiple positions including Deputy Director of the Transportation Department, Administrative Law Judge/Attorney Examiner in the Legal Department and Chief of Staff, culminating in a five-year term as a PUCO Commissioner.
- Government Relations and Legislation
- Energy Industry Team
- Public Utilities and Telecommunications
- Public Utilities and Telecommunications Litigation
- Public Law and Finance
- Public/Private Partnerships
- Federal Government Contract and Agency Regulation
- Capital University Law School, J.D., 1978, Order of the Curia, Order of the Barrister
- State University of New York at Binghamton, B.A., 1975
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court (Southern District of Ohio)