In addition to his dispute resolution work, Matt also counsels clients in connection with transactions that involve insurance coverage, indemnification and/or construction issues. He also speaks regularly at seminars and other public forums concerning insurance, construction and products liability issues. Matt was named to the Top 50 Cleveland Attorneys and the Top 100 Ohio Attorneys by Super Lawyers 2014.
Matt’s representative experience includes the following:
- Representation of business clients in insurance coverage litigation and other disputes arising under many types of insurance policies and endorsements, including general liability insurance policies, director and officer liability policies, environmental liability policies, excess and umbrella policies, property insurance policies, business risk insurance policies and additional insured endorsements.
- Providing insurance coverage counseling in connection with insurance procurement and other transactions involving insurance policies and insurance coverage issues.
- Representation of business and public clients in construction law matters, including both construction litigation and counseling relating to construction contract drafting and administration.
- Defense of products liability, premises liability, toxic tort, wrongful death and other tort claims asserted against business clients, including utility companies and other publicly traded and privately held companies.
- Prosecution of a variety of types of business claims on behalf of business clients.
- Representation of casino owner in litigation concerning constitutionality of Ohio gambling laws and regulations.
- Litigation of disputes concerning and involving oil and natural gas leases.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Construction Litigation
- Energy and Natural Resources, Oil, Gas & Shale
- Tort, Accident and Products Liability Litigation
- Appellate Proceedings Litigation
- Warnings, Labeling and Products Regulation
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Kent State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1994
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court