In addition to his dispute resolution work, Matt also counsels clients in connection with matters and transactions involving construction and/or insurance-coverage issues. He also speaks regularly at seminars and other public forums concerning construction, insurance, and product liability issues.
Matt has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2018 for Litigation Insurance. Additionally, he has been selected to the Super Lawyers list every year since 2014 and he has also been listed among the Top 50 Cleveland Attorneys and Top 100 Ohio Attorneys by Super Lawyers.
Matt is a member of both the American Bar Association Forum on Construction Law and the John M. Manos Inn of Court. Additionally, he is Chair of the Calfee Inclusion Network.
Matt’s representative experience includes the following:
- Representation of business and public clients in construction law matters, including construction litigation and arbitration, as well construction contract drafting and other counseling.
- Defense of product liability, premises liability, toxic tort, wrongful death and other tort claims asserted against business clients, including steel mills, utility companies, and other publicly traded and privately held companies.
- Representation of business clients in insurance coverage litigation and other disputes arising under many types of insurance policies, including general liability policies, director and officer liability policies, environmental liability policies, excess and umbrella policies, builder’s risk insurance policies, and property insurance policies.
- Provide insurance coverage counseling in connection with insurance procurement and other transactions involving insurance coverage issues.
- Representation of clients in connection with business disputes involving a variety of different types of issues and claims, including: merger and acquisition litigation, commercial contract claims, trade secret claims, business tort claims, litigation involving constitutionality of Ohio gambling laws and regulations, and litigation of disputes involving oil and natural gas leases.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Construction Litigation
- Insurance Recovery
- Tort, Accident and Products Liability Litigation
- Appellate Proceedings Litigation
- Warnings, Labeling and Products Regulation
- The Ohio State University College of Law, J.D., with honors, 1997
- Kent State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 1994
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Ohio Supreme Court
- U.S. Supreme Court