His representative experience in litigation includes the following:
- Obtaining dismissal of a complaint against an international lending institution alleging violation of various state and federal consumer protection claims.
- Obtaining summary judgment on behalf of an international lending institution for breach of contract claims.
- Obtaining a favorable, out-of-court settlement on behalf of a regional nursing home facility alleging breach of contract, negligence, and fraud claims.
- Obtaining judgment for breach of contract on behalf of a semi-trailer rental and leasing company.
- Achieving dismissal of a breach of contract and negligence action against a commercial realtor.
- Obtaining a favorable, out-of-court settlement on behalf of a national marketing company against a foreign corporation for breach of contract.
- Representing national telecommunications provider in a putative class action suit involving alleged local municipal ordinance violations.
- Representing individual plaintiffs as lead counsel against various state actors for Section 1983 civil rights violations.
- Representing pro-bono individual petitioners against domestic abusers in order of protection proceedings.
- Representing an electric distribution utility in a contested multi-billion dollar electric security plan proceeding.
- Successfully defending a claim on an $86 million letter of credit in a contested contractual dispute between a competitive retail electric service provider and a governmental aggregator.
He was also a Fellow of the New Leaders Council and is a former corps member of Teach for America.
Mark was named an “Up and Coming Attorney” by Missouri Lawyers Weekly in 2015 and was awarded “Thirty Under Thirty” by the St. Louis Business Journal in 2014. He was Saint Louis University School of Law “Student of the Year” in 2012 and was also awarded Saint Louis University Law Community Service Award and other Academic Excellence awards. At Miami University, he won the Atlee Pomerene Senior Prize for Outstanding Scholarship and the Alan and Sondra Engel Prize for Outstanding Promise in the Field of Law. He was also a member of the University Honors and Scholars Program.
He joined Calfee in 2016.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Public Utilities and Telecommunications Litigation
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 2012
- Miami University, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude, 2007
- States of Ohio, Illinois and Missouri
- U.S. District Courts (Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri; Central and Southern Districts of Illinois; Northern District of Ohio)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit