He has experience in managing large patent portfolios and in drafting complex development agreements, including terms relating to technology development and licensing.
Mark served for several years as the intellectual property corporate counsel for Caterpillar, Inc., where his duties included patent preparation and prosecution, conducting IP freedom-to-operate studies, leading assertion efforts against potential infringers, and preparation and negotiation of intellectual property agreements including license, joint development and confidentiality agreements.
His experience also includes serving as Engineering Group Manager for The Lubrizol Corporation, where he directed an R&D technical group.
Mark is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association.
Mark joined Calfee as a senior counsel in 2014.
- Intellectual Property
- University of Akron School of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2004
- Case Western Reserve University Weatherhead School of Management, M.B.A., 1998
- The Pennsylvania State University, B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, cum laude, 1990
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court (Northern District of Ohio)