She is licensed to practice before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office.
Before attaining her law degree, Malisheia worked as a polymer process research engineer at Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company and as a finishing process engineer at Buckeye Cellulose Corporation.
She is a member of Kaleidoscope Magazine’s “Forty-Forty Club 2014.” Her published articles include “A Little Prevention Can Protect Great Ideas: Consider Patents, Copyrights for Business Innovation,” published Kaleidoscope’s2013 Small Business Issue. She was a speaker at the Law and Leadership Institute at the University of Akron in July 2014.
Malisheia is a member and co-chair of the Chemical Committee for the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association (CIPLA). She is also a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the Akron/Canton Barristers. She serves on the board for Project Learn of Summit County.
She joined Calfee in 2013.
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- The University of Akron School of Law, J.D., 2008, Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, Articles Editor, Akron Law Review, Executive Editor, Akron Intellectual Property Law Journal, Recipient Akron Bar Association Foundation Scholarship, CALI Excellence for the Future Award for Highest Grade in Patent Law & Policy and Feminist & Race Theory
- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., Chemical Engineering, 1996
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office