Laura has experience with private equity, mezzanine lending, senior lending, institutional and family office investment transactions. Her practice includes sell-side and buy-side M&A, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, ESOP financings and other liquidity events.
Laura is routinely recognized for her work in Banking/Finance by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business, an industry-leading legal resource for professionals in search of qualified, experienced legal counsel. In 2018, Chambers USA researchers described Laura as “a very talented banking and finance lawyer.”
She also is selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2018-2019) in the area of Commercial Finance Law. She is co-founder and co-chair of the ACG Women in Transactions group for the Columbus chapter. She was also a founder of ACG’s emerging leaders organization. She is a Board Member of Action for Children. As a member of the American Bar Association Business Law Sections, Laura is active in the Commercial Finance Committee. She served on the advisory committee of the University of Michigan Private Equity Conference and is a member of the Association of Commercial Finance Attorneys.
A graduate of The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, Laura attended a comparative law program in the summer of 2006 at Oxford University, Oxford, England, and obtained her undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan.
- Representing senior lender in secured loan to multi-jurisdictional PE-backed radiology company
- Representing senior lender in leveraged recap of regional restaurant chain
- Representing senior lender in $20,000,000 ABL loan to Michigan-based OEM software bundling company
- Representing senior lender in mortgage, ESOP and line of credit loans to manufacturer in Groveport, Ohio
- Representing subordinated lender in distressed sale of candy company to Mrs. Fields
- Representing stakeholders in sale of Drone division of technology company to 100 billion dollar company traded on NYSE
- Representing senior lender in financing $30,000,000 acquisition of franchise stores in Ohio, Kentucky and West Virginia
- Representing mezzanine lender in sponsor-backed acquisition of home building products suppliers.
- Representing mezzanine lender in expansion of a relocation services company to Canada, the UK, Mexico and Costa Rica
- Representing mezzanine lender in recap of manufacturer in the transportation industry
- Representing mezzanine lender in sponsor-backed asset acquisition of a manufacturer and distributor of food products
- Representing management team in leveraged buyout of strategic partner
- Representing agent in syndicated senior loans in $100,000,000 construction draw facility for skilled nursing and assisted living projects across the United States
- Representing Los Angeles based digital agency in distressed management buyout
- Representing private equity fund in control acquisition of medical supply company in Virginia
- Representing private equity fund in $50,000,000 acquisition of west coast marketing and events company
- Commercial Business and Finance
- Private Equity
- The Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, J.D., 2008
- University of Michigan, B.A., 2005
- State of Ohio