Kevin serves all sizes of clients, ranging from start-up and entrepreneurial ventures, to privately-held family business to multinational public companies, in a broad range of industries, including consumer products, food service, healthcare, energy, mining and natural resources, specialty chemicals, coatings, sealants and building materials, packaging, engineering, air handling, real estate development, construction and wealth management.
Kevin has worked on a wide range of merger and acquisition transactions, representing both buyers and sellers, and privately-held and publicly traded companies, including The J. M. Smucker Company, Fairmount Santrol Inc., RPM International, Ferro Corporation, Akron General Health System and WMK, Inc. (d/b/a MobilityWorks). Kevin has also worked on numerous securities offerings for publicly traded clients, including Fairmount Santrol Inc. and Invacare Corporation.
Kevin has been named a Super Lawyers “Rising Star” every year from 2012 thru 2017.
Kevin is active in the community, including coaching lacrosse with several Cleveland area high school and youth programs.
Prior to joining Calfee, Kevin was an associate with the Canton, Ohio law firm of Day Ketterer Ltd.
He received his J.D. from Case Western Reserve University, and his B.S. from Grove City College. Kevin joined Calfee in 2013.
Kevin’s extensive expertise includes having represented the following public and privately held companies and private equity firms:
- The J. M. Smucker Company (NYSE:JMS) and its affiliates in several transactions, including:
- the sale of its U.S. canned milk brands (including products sold in retail and foodservice channels under the Eagle Brand® and Magnolia® brands, along with other branded and private label trade names) and operations to a subsidiary of funds affiliated with Kelso & Co.;
- the acquisition of Sahale Snacks, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium, branded nut and fruit snacks by way of merger; and
- the purchase of the stock of Enray Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium organic, gluten-free ancient grain products, including sprouted and non-sprouted grains, pasta and cookies.
- Fairmount Santrol Inc. (NYSE:FMSA) and its affiliates in several divestitures and acquisitions throughout the United States.
- Ferro Corporation (NYSE:FOE) in its acquisition by merger of Thermark Holdings, Inc., a leader in laser marking technology.
- Linsalata Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in numerous transactions, including:
- the acquisition of THRO, Ltd., a leading designer, importer and marketer of decorative pillows and throw blankets;
- the sale of U-Line Corporation, the American leader in the under-counter modular ice making, refrigeration and wine preservation market; and
- the sale of Spartan Foods of America, Inc., a manufacturer of branded pizza crusts, including its flagship brand “Mama Mary’s”.
- Akron General Health System in connection with its affiliation with and subsequent member substitution by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation.
- WMK, Inc. (d/b/a MobilityWorks) in connection with its acquisition by merger and deregistration of HASCO Medical, Inc. (QTCQB: HASC), a leader in the sale, service and rental of wheelchair accessible vehicles.
- CapitalWorks LLC and its portfolio companies in the acquisition of Avtron Aerospace, Inc., a leading designer and manufacturer of electrical, electronic and hydraulic aircraft component test solutions for the global commercial and military aerospace markets.
- A privately held company in the sale of various biomedical assets, including patents, patent applications and related testing equipment, related to the treatment of cancer.
- A privately held company in the acquisition of several overnight ground delivery routes and related assets throughout the United States.
- A privately held company in the acquisition of several wealth management advisory firms throughout the United States.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Capital Markets/Securities Transactions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., 2007
- Grove City College School of Business and Management, B.S., 2004
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court (Northern District of Ohio)
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court (Northern District of Ohio)