Jennifer has worked on a variety of merger and acquisition transactions, representing both buyers and sellers, including numerous privately-held companies and public companies such as The J. M. Smucker Company, Cardinal Health, The Lincoln Electric Company, Cliffs Natural Resources, Chart Industries, Inc., American Greetings, The L.D. Kichler Co., and Independence Excavating, Inc.
Jennifer is routinely named one of "America's Leading Lawyers" by Chambers USA, with clients stating that she “impresses with her ‘responsiveness, technical expertise, feel for market trends and negotiating skill." From 2014 to 2016, Jennifer was recognized by Ohio Super Lawyers as a Top 50 Attorney in Ohio and one of the Top 25 Women Attorneys in Cleveland. She also has been selected to the 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers List for Business/Corporate Law.
Jennifer is active both in firm management and in the community. She is a regular presenter at seminars and the author of numerous publications.
Prior to joining Calfee, Jennifer was an associate with the Chicago law firm of Neal, Gerber & Eisenberg LLP and then an associate with the Des Moines firm of Nyemaster, Goode, Voigts, West, Hansell & O’Brien, P.C. She began her tenure with Calfee in 2001 and became partner in 2007.
Jennifer received a B.A. from the College of the Holy Cross and her J.D., summa cum laude and Order of the Coif from the Case Western Reserve School of Law.
She is also recognized as a Leading Lawyer by Chambers USA.
Jennifer’s considerable expertise includes the following representative transactions and clients:
- Cardinal Health (NYSE: CAH) and its affiliates in several acquisitions, including:
- the purchase of the stock of the developer and manufacturer of a coated anti-microbial adhesive on polyethylene materials;
- the purchase of substantially all of the assets of a supplier and distributor of pharmaceutical critical care and fractionated blood products; and
- the purchase of a cyclotron facility in Wichita, Kansas.
- The J.M. Smucker Company (NYSE: JMS) and its affiliates in several acquisitions, including:
- the merger with a Sahale Snacks, a manufacturer of gourmet nut and fruit blends; and
- the acquisition of Eagle Family Foods.
- The Lincoln Electric Company (NASDAQ: LECO) and its affiliates in several acquisitions, including: the purchase of substantially all of the assets of two companies that were developers and manufacturers of welding training products.
- Chart Industries, Inc. (NASDAQ: GTLS) and its affiliates in numerous merger and acquisition transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Thermax, Inc. and affiliates, leaders in manufacturing and distributing cryogenic fluid vaporizers utilized in industrial gas, petro-chemical, and liquefied natural gas applications for an undisclosed purchase price;
- its energy and chemicals segment’s sale to Stabilis Energy of liquefied natural gas (LNG) production facilities;
- its biomedical segment’s acquisition of Sequal Technologies for an undisclosed purchase price;
- its biomedical segment’s acquisition of Covidien Group S.A.R.L.’s (NYSE: COV) and its affiliates’ oxygen therapy business, including the manufacturing, sales and service functions from over thirty countries for an undisclosed purchase price;
- its distribution and storage segment’s acquisition of Cryotech International, Inc.’s cryogenic injector business for an undisclosed purchase price; and
- its energy and chemicals segment’s acquisition of Tulsa, Oklahoma-based Cooler Service Company, Inc., a leading provider of air cooled heat exchangers into multiple markets including hydrocarbon, petrochemical and industrial gas processing for an undisclosed purchase price.
- American Greetings Corporation in several transactions, including:
- its divestiture of certain assets exclusively related to its Webshots business to Threefold Photos for an undisclosed purchase price;
- its sale of certain assets used in the manufacture and distribution of party goods to Amscan Holdings, Inc (Amscan) for a purchase price in excess of $24 million. The transaction also included various other agreements with Amscan and its affiliates, including a supply and distribution agreement and a licensing agreement. As a result of entering into the supply and distribution agreement, American Greetings also received a warrant to purchase approximately 2% of the common stock of AAH Holding Corporation, Amscan’s ultimate parent corporation;
- American Greetings’ disposition of certain assets used in the manufacture and distribution of its Gorant chocolate business for an undisclosed purchase price; and its disposition of assets related to the manufacture and distribution of its candle product lines to Lighthouse Candles, LLC for an undisclosed purchase price.
- Ferro Corporation (NYSE: FOE) in several acquisitions and divestiture transactions, including:
- its acquisition of Delta Performance Products, LLC., a manufacturer and distributor of pool and aggregate quartz color pigments;
- its merger with TherMark Holdings, Inc., a leader in laser marking technology;
- its divestiture of its pharmaceutical business to PLI Holdings, Inc., an affiliate of MedOpportunity Partners, LLC, for consideration of a $16.9 million cash payment and an earn-out incentive payment of up to $8 million;
- its divestiture of U.S. and Chinese fine chemicals business to Novolyte Technologies LP, an affiliate of Arsenal Capital Management LP for approximately $60 million; and
- its acquisition of certain assets related to the grinding and fabrication fluids business of Fluid Logic LLC, of Portland, Oregon for an undisclosed purchase price.
- Corporate and Capital Markets
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Corporate Succession Planning
- Health Care
- Board Counseling and Public Mergers & Acquisitions
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif, Richard A. Collier Award, Health Matrix: Journal of Law-Medicine Editor-in-Chief, 1997
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1994
- States of Ohio, Iowa and Illinois