She advises clients of all sizes on all aspects of group health plans, including compliance with the Affordable Care Act. She has extensive experience on matters relating to ERISA, HIPAA and COBRA with respect to insured and self-insured group health plans. Additionally, she offers guidance on issues relating to cafeteria plans, flexible spending arrangements, health reimbursement accounts and health savings accounts.
She counsels clients on qualified plan issues, including plan mergers and terminations, Department of Labor audits and EPCRS filings. She assists clients to assess potential employee plan-related risk in corporate mergers and acquisitions, and assists with consolidating and restructuring employee benefit plans post-closing.
Gretchen is a member of the American Bar Association, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the Cleveland Chapter of Worldwide Employee Benefits (WEB) Network. She began her tenure with Calfee in 2000.
- Advises corporate clients on strategic implementation of health and welfare plans, including compliance with ERISA, COBRA, Medicare and the Affordable Care Act.
- Assisted with employee benefits aspects of acquisitions and divestitures of a multinational food and beverage company, including the acquisition of a division of a global pharmaceutical corporation.
- Worked on employee benefits aspects of acquisitions and divestitures of venture capital firms.
- Advises clients on HIPAA privacy and security for group health plans, including implementation of HIPAA policies and procedures.
- Advises church plans and governmental plans on Affordable Care Act compliance.
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Boston University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Northwestern University, B.A., 1992
- State of Ohio
- U.S.Tax Court