David also represents employers in federal and state court, as well as before federal and state administrative agencies, in employment discrimination and wrongful discharge litigation. David has successfully both brought and defended lawsuits regarding enforcement of noncompetition, nonsolicitation, and nondisclosure agreements.
Recent examples of David’s experience include the following:
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturing client in a national origin discrimination lawsuit where the plaintiff alleged that she had been subject to different terms and conditions of employment and then termination because of her nationality.
- Successfully represented a national client by commencing litigation against a former employee seeking to enforce the terms of a noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreement.
- Settled at less than 1% of the claimant’s alleged damages a claim alleging sexual harassment by a supervisor as well as sex and disability discrimination.
- Obtained dismissal of a lawsuit against a client which claimed damages related to an alleged workplace injury.
- In two cases brought against a municipality alleging civil rights violations, succeeded in obtaining summary judgment in one case and settling the other case for a total of $0 to the plaintiff.
David is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the New Partners Board of the Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center, and is also actively involved in performing pro bono legal work on behalf of the Cleveland Legal Aid Society. David joined Calfee in 2007 and became a partner in 2014.
- Labor and Employment
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Emory University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Georgetown University, B.A., 2000
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth District