Dan represents company owners in commercial contract litigation by drafting pleadings, motions, non-disclosure agreements, and confidentiality agreements. He also drafts and negotiates legal documents, including asset purchase agreements, stock purchase option agreements, membership transfer agreements, and conducts negotiations and drafts settlement agreements in contractual disputes.
Representative experience includes:
- Advised corporate owners and senior management on a national insurance company insolvency. Worked with individual state guaranty fund associations to secure open claims and collateral currently held by insurance company. Prepared and filed Proof of Claim forms for multiple bankruptcy proceedings.
- Assisted company President in corporate formation, provided recommendation on different corporate structures and their respective tax liabilities, obtaining EIN numbers and trademark searches.
- Counseled senior management on FMLA policy and procedures regarding employees’ FMLA violations and recommended improvements on how the corporation can better prevent future violations. Drafted and revised current FMLA and attendance policies to reflect modern practices and to legally comply with state and federal law.
- Analyzed ERISA law regarding withdrawal liability from multi-employer pension funds in order to advise company executives on the most cost-effective withdrawal options while minimizing future risk exposure.
- Drafted memorandum and advised company owners on lost home office overhead, idle machine costs and lost time costs utilizing the Eichleay Formula for contractors’ damages due to worksite delays. Assisted same clients with preparation of delay damage claims.
Dan currently volunteers as an Assistant Ice Hockey Coach for second through eleventh grade children for Georgi’s Hockey Academy in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Corporate and Capital Markets
- University of Connecticut School of Law, J.D., 2012
- Connecticut College, B.A., Economics, magna cum laude with Dean's High Honors, 2009
- State of Connecticut
- State of Ohio