Colleen has extensive representative experience in federal and state courts on behalf of clients resolving disputes concerning:
- Commercial contract disputes
- Shareholder and corporate disputes, including post-closing issues
- Estate and probate matters
- Real property disputes
- Employment and trade secret claims
- Municipal and public law issues
Colleen has counseled and represented businesses, financial institutions and high net worth individuals in a variety of corporate, commercial, fiduciary and employment disputes with a results-oriented, practical approach. She has successfully prosecuted and defended a variety of business tort claims in both federal and state courts. Colleen has represented municipalities and clients in the energy industry in various types of litigation, including contractual disputes, real estate disputes and employment matters.
Colleen is recognized as a Top 50 Female Attorney in Ohio and a Top 25 Female Attorney in Cleveland by Ohio Super Lawyers. She also has been selected to the 2018 Ohio Super Lawyers List for Business Litigation.
Colleen has significant trial experience and success in her more than 20 years of practice and has extensive appellate experience appearing before the United States Courts of Appeals for the First, Fifth and Sixth Circuits, the United States Supreme Court and the Eighth District Court of Appeals of Ohio.
Colleen is a member of the Ohio and Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Associations and an active member of the American Bar Association’s Litigation Section. She is a member of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee, where she currently serves as Vice Chair. Colleen is heavily involved in and passionate about giving back to the Cleveland community. She has served as Board Chair of Magnificat High School in Rocky River, Ohio since May 2017, the Board of the Cleveland Marshall Law Alumni Association, the Advisory Board to Metro Catholic School, and is a founding member of Cleveland’s Irish American Law Society. She is a graduate of Leadership Cleveland’s Class of 2016.
She joined Calfee in 1998.
- Employee Benefits Law, 2nd Ed., Cumulative Supplement, contributor, 2010
- Employee Benefits Law, 2nd Ed., Cumulative Supplement, contributor, 2008
- “U.S. Supreme Court Update with Emphasis on Class Action and Whistleblower/Retaliation Developments, including Dodd-Frank,” Calfee Labor and Employment Seminar, March 23, 2011.
- “U.S. Supreme Court Update with Emphasis on Class Action and Whistleblower/Retaliation Developments, including Dodd-Frank,” Calfee Complex Litigation Seminar, July 2011.
- “Dealing With Difficult Depositions,” Ohio State Bar Association District 5 Annual Meeting, Oct. 11, 2010.
- “A.S.O.R.T. Training: Recent Operations and Lessons Learned,” Allied Special Operations Response Team, with Rick Goddard, February 2010.
- “Law Enforcement and Civil Rights Litigation Training Seminar,” with Maura L. Hughes, February 2010.
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association
- Cleveland-Marshall Law Alumni Association
- Federal Bar Association
- Woman of Professional Excellence Award, YWCA, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Star, 2009
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center “Faces of Change” Luncheon, Host Committee, 2011.
- Cleveland Rape Crisis Center “Sing Out!” Benefit, Host Committee, 2010.
- United Way of Greater Cleveland, Self Sufficiency and Basic Needs Investment Committee, 2010-present.
- United Way of Greater Cleveland, Women’s Leadership Council, Program/Speaker Committee, 2011-present.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Labor and Employment Litigation
- Energy Industry Team
- Public Law Litigation
- Probate Litigation
- Health Care Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- Energy and Natural Resources, Oil, Gas & Shale
- Appellate Proceedings Litigation
- Compliance Services
- Labor and Employment
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1996
- John Carroll University, B.A., 1992
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court (Northern District of Ohio)
- U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Fifth, Sixth and Eighth Circuits
- U.S. Supreme Court