Recent projects include:
- Assisted a major corporation with the successful implementation of a complete restructuring of its 401(k) plan fund line-up, including reviewing and advising with respect to employee communications, service agreements and investment disclosure.
- Obtained favorable compliance statements for clients in correction of operational matters under Internal Revenue Service Employee Plans Compliance Resolution System.
- Counseled with respect to benefit plan diligence review, risk-assessment and resolution of issues in numerous mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- Assisted with post-transaction integration of acquired entities into clients’ existing retirement programs, including identification and resolution of issues, plan documentation, and employee communications.
- Ongoing counsel to several large clients with respect to day-to-day maintenance of qualified retirement plans and welfare plans.
Claudia is a member and past president of the Cleveland chapter of the Worldwide Employee Benefits (WEB) Network, serves on its local steering committee, and has been a frequent speaker for WEB. She also serves on the board of directors of Amigos de las Americas, Kent, Ohio chapter.
Before joining Calfee, Claudia was with Parker-Hannifin Corporation for 13 years, where she served as assistant general counsel, benefits. Prior to that, she was an attorney with Squire, Sanders & Dempsey and Willkie, Farr & Gallagher. Claudia joined Calfee in 2006.
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Georgetown University Law Center, J.D., The Tax Lawyer, Case and Notes Editor, 1981
- Hiram College, B.A., magna cum laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1973
- States of Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington D.C.