She earned her J.D. from Cleveland-Marshall College of Law at Cleveland State University, graduating cum laude, where she served as Vice Chairperson for the Cleveland-Marshall Moot Court Team and as Business Editor for the Cleveland-Marshall Journal of Law and Health. While there, she earned numerous awards, including the Moot Court Board of Governors Award for Outstanding Advocacy. She also served as President of the Hispanic Law Student Association, was a Student Representative for LexisNexis, and served as a Commercial Law Tutor. She earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Youngstown State University in 2011.
Ciera served as a summer associate at Calfee and also as a judicial extern for Judge Patricia A. Gaughan in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Ohio in the Summer of 2014. She is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, the Norman S. Minor Bar Association, and the Ohio Hispanic Bar Association. Ciera currently serves as an advisor to Cleveland-Marshall College of Law’s Moot Court team.
Recent Representative Experience:
- Assisted in representing food manufacturer in the acquisition and financing of its main manufacturing facility in northeast Ohio, including zoning and title due diligence matters.
- Provided tenant representation in connection with a client’s new regional distribution center for distribution of consumer and housing products, including title, zoning and code compliance reviews.
- Provided representation to a non-profit organization with the sale of its real property located in Euclid, Ohio, including contract drafting and title due diligence reviews.
- Assisted a downtown Cleveland landowner with acquisition of additional parking capabilities, including contract drafting, negotiation, title, survey, and environmental due diligence reviews.
- Real Estate
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2015, Vice Chairperson, Cleveland-Marshall Moot Court Team, Business Editor, Cleveland-Marshall Journal of Law and Health, CALI award in Commercial Law
- Youngstown State University, B.A., Political Science, 2011
- State of Ohio