He counsels clients regarding FTP, patentability and licensing of complex technology. He has experience in converting foreign patent applications to U.S. filings, including bypass continuation and national stage entry and in prosecuting via the USPTO’s Patent Prosecution Highway.
He is a member of the American Chemical Society, the Ohio State Bar Association, the Columbus Bar Association, and serves as vice president of the Columbus Intellectual Property Law Association.
Before attending law school, Chris worked for seven years as an associate scientist and principal researcher for Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals. He joined Calfee in 2012.
- Intellectual Property
- Capital University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, 2009, Cali Award for Excellence: Patent Law, Ideas of the First Amendment, Law Review
- Wright State University, M.S., in Organic Chemistry, 1999
- Wright State University, B.S., Chemistry, cum laude, 1997
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court (Southern District of Ohio)
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit (Southern District of Ohio)
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office