He works closely with clients providing design around assistance, non-infringement opinions and invalidity opinions. Chet assists clients in the development of strong patent portfolios by helping to identify key concepts and preparing and prosecuting patent applications. He also assists clients in matters of licensing negotiations.
Chet is a member of the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association as well as the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
Chet received his electrical engineering degree from Ohio University in 1989. He was employed as an engineering consultant for ten years before joining Calfee in 2002. He became a partner in 2011.
- Intellectual Property
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, J.D., summa cum laude, 2002
- Cleveland State University, M.B.A., summa cum laude, 1998
- Ohio University, B.S., 1989
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Courts (Northern and Southern Districts of Ohio, Western District of Michigan)