His patent prosecution experiences include assisting clients before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and the State Intellectual Property Office of China. Brad is a qualified Chinese patent agent. He also counsels clients regarding design around assistance, FTP, patentability and validity opinions. He has extensive experience with the PCT patent filing and prosecution process.
In addition, Brad provides our Chinese clients with general counseling on establishing and doing business, and immigration in the United States.
Brad earned his Bachelor of Engineering in Measurement Control Technology & Instruments from Harbin Institute of Technology in 2005. He earned his M.B.A. from Ashland University in 2011 and his J.D. from the University of Akron School of Law in 2015. He is a member of the Cleveland Intellectual Property Law Association.
Before becoming an attorney, Brad worked for several years as a patent specialist for a Chinese intellectual property law firm and as a control engineer for a Chinese energy company before joining Calfee as a law clerk in 2013. He became an attorney in 2015.
- Intellectual Property
- Intellectual Property Litigation
- University of Akron School of Law, 2015
- Ashland University, M.B.A., 2011
- Harbin Institute of Technology, B.E., Measurement Control Technology & Instruments, 2005
- State of Ohio
- U.S. Patent and Trade Office
- U.S. District Court (Northern District of Ohio)
- Qualified in State Intellectual Property Office of the People's Republic of China