Blake also advises clients on business formation and entity selection, corporate governance, securities, and mergers and acquisitions and general business matters. In addition, Blake frequently negotiates and prepares corporate and commercial agreements.
Blake has been named to the 2018 Ohio Rising Stars List for Business/Corporate by Super Lawyers. Blake has been a member of the National Association of Bond Lawyers since 2007. He previously served as a Trustee for the Yale Alumni Association of Cleveland, Avon/Avon Lake Community Resource Services and Bulldogs on the Cuyahoga.
While attending the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, Blake was as a member of the Technology, Law, and Policy Journal and also interned for the Honarable Robert J. Cindrich for the Western District of Pennsylvania. Blake graduated from Yale University and is a former All-American Lacrosse Player and has also coached at the collegiate level.
- Representing health system in public offering of $190 million of tax-exempt bonds, including developing a springing master trust indenture.
- Representing a 501(c)(3) borrower in the direct sale of $75 million of bonds to banks to construct a water, steam, and electric power system.
- Representing a hospital in the issuance of multiple series of fixed and variable rate bonds over the past five years, with an aggregate principal amount greater than $350 million.
- Serving as bond counsel in connection with the issuance of $15 million of qualified school construction bonds.
- Serving as bond counsel for a county library district in connection with the issuance of $25 million of advance refunding bonds.
- Serving as bond counsel in connection with the issuance of $90 million of hospital facilities refunding bonds.
- Serving as borrower’s counsel for a 501(c)(3) hospital in the sale of $75 million of bonds to finance hospital facilities.
- Serving as bond counsel for a municipal corporation in connection with the issuance of $70 million of Build America Bonds and tax-exempt refunding bonds.
- Serving as bond counsel for a local school district in connection with the issuance of $21 million of bonds to finance the construction of a new school.
- Serving as underwriter’s counsel for a $145 million issuance of bonds to advance refund outstanding bonds and pay for the costs of the construction of a new hospital emergency department.
- Serving as underwriter’s counsel in connection with the issuance of certificates of participation to finance an education facility.
- Serving as bond counsel for a state university’s issuance of $130 million of bonds to refinance a stadium, housing and other capital improvements.
- Representing a seller in a $5 million sale of its radio stations.
- Representing a purchaser in the purchase of a historic theatre and café, resulting in the successful preservation of the theatre.
- Public Law and Finance
- Aviation Law
- University of Pittsburgh School of Law, J.D., MBA, 2005
- Yale University, B.A., History, 2002
- State of Ohio
- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania