Andy represents both buyers and sellers in transactions across a variety of industries, including waste management, electronic components, general manufacturing, pharmaceuticals, healthcare and consumer goods. Andy has also developed an expertise in transactional advisory services for distressed situations and has advised buyers of distressed assets as well as troubled companies, lenders, indenture trustees and creditor groups in both Section 363 transactions and out-of-court asset sales.
Andy provides governance and general corporate counseling to public and private companies, as well as private equity clients and their portfolio companies.
Prior to a career in law, Andy was a financial analyst at a boutique investment bank focused on providing advisory services to troubled companies and creditor groups. He also worked in the transactions advisory services group of a Big 4 accounting firm. Before joining Calfee in 2018, he was an attorney at Squire Patton Boggs.
Andy received his J.D. from Northwestern University in 2008 and his B.B.A from University of Notre Dame in 1998.
- Regularly advising a private processor of contaminated soil, dredge sediments and other non-hazardous materials on add-on acquisitions, real property purchases and general corporate matters.
- Counseling a NASDAQ-listed company on the acquisition of a medical devices manufacturing company and an affiliated entity.
- Advising a NYSE-listed company in numerous acquisitions, including in the materials processing and handling and consumer products industries.
- Advising the owners of a software company in the $30 million sale of the company’s stock to a NASDAQ-listed buyer.
- Counseling the owners of a pharmaceutical services company focused on the 505(b)(2) market in obtaining a significant growth investment from a private non-institutional investment firm.
- Representing a national bank regarding defaulted loans to a large, regional real estate development company, which were secured by distressed residential and commercial real estate
- Advising the secured lender of a troubled real estate developer by analyzing collateral portfolio and imposing new credit restrictions
- Guiding the owner of a portfolio of mixed-use real estate assets in evaluating and preparing options for conducting a comprehensive financial restructuring.
- Acting as counsel to the owners of a multi-state chain of fast-casual restaurants and completed a successful section 363 sale.
- Acting as indenture trustee’s counsel in numerous Chapter 11 cases across the United States.
- Advising an unsecured creditors’ committee of a major US-based airline by analyzing business plans and merger proposals.
- Representing the Official Committee of Bondholders of a multibillion-dollar food producer by analyzing asset sales and assisting in the development of the debtors’ plan or reorganization.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Commercial Business and Finance
- Capital Markets/Securities Transactions
- Private Equity
- Business Restructuring and Insolvency
- Northwestern University, J.D., 2008
- University of Notre Dame, B.B.A., Accountancy, 1998
- State of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court for Eastern District of Wisconsin