Prior to joining Calfee, examples of Mia’s experience include:
- Drafted various agreements and amendments including employment, bonus, commission, severance/separation, deferred compensation, and various equity award agreements.
- Composed various benefit plans and amendments, including welfare, prototype (adoption agreements), volume submitter, and individually designed plans.
- Executed various benefit plan filings with the IRS including plan qualification, plan termination, volume submitter, and voluntary correction program filings.
- Prepared plan participant notices including summary plan descriptions, summaries of material modification, notices to interested parties, and safe harbor notices, advised clients regarding proper distribution of notices.
- Provided support to executive management team clients in acquisition deals, including review of executive agreements for continuity of benefits, 280G guidance, stock rollover arrangements, 83(b) elections, etc.
- Analyzed peer group company proxy statements to review client executive and director compensation practices.
- Conducted FLSA research regarding company wage and hour audits.
- Reviewed company EEO data in order to draft affirmative action plans.
Prior to law school Mia was a legal assistant at Squire Patton Boggs in asbestos litigation defense. During law school she served as a law clerk for the Sherwin Williams Company and was a summer associate at McDonald Hopkins. She externed for Judge Boyko in the Northern District of Ohio.
Mia was an associate at McDonald Hopkins from 2014 to 2017 and joined Calfee in 2017.
- Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, May 2014
- The Ohio State University, Bachelor of Arts, cum laude,, June 2009
- State of Ohio