Al counsels both public and privately-held clients including Fortune 500 companies, significant privately held businesses, hospitals and other business associations. He has appeared on behalf of clients before regulatory bodies including the Ohio Public Utilities Commission, Ohio Department of Commerce, Ohio Department of Insurance, Ohio Department of Health and the Provider Reimbursement Review Board. Al also has significant experience in conducting internal corporate fraud investigations in connection with government probes.
A member of the Federal, Ohio, Franklin County and Columbus Bar Associations, Al also serves as a mediator for Franklin County. Al has been named a Client Service All-Star by BTI Consulting Inc. for two consecutive years and he is listed as one of The Best Lawyers in America for commercial litigation. He has also been named a 2016 “Local Litigation Star” by Benchmark Litigation.
Previously with Jones Day, he began his tenure with Calfee as a partner in 1994.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Employee Benefits Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Health Care
- Public Utilities and Telecommunications Litigation
- Appellate Proceedings Litigation
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1984
- John Carroll University, B.S. and B.A., magna cum laude, Outstanding Finance Graduate, 1981
- State of Ohio