Al counsels both public and privately-held clients including Fortune 500 companies, significant privately held businesses, hospitals and other business associations. He has appeared on behalf of clients before regulatory bodies including the Ohio Public Utilities Commission, Ohio Department of Commerce, Ohio Department of Insurance, Ohio Department of Health and the Provider Reimbursement Review Board. Al also has significant experience in conducting internal corporate fraud investigations in connection with government probes.
He has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© (2010-2018) in the area of Commercial Litigation. Al also has been named a "Local Litigation Star" for 2016 and 2018 by Benchmark Litigation in the areas of Appellate, General Commercial, Health Care and White Collar Crime. Al was previously named a Client Service All-Star (2012, 2014) by The BTI Consulting Group, Inc., a national strategic market research firm.
A member of the Federal, Ohio, Franklin County and Columbus Bar Associations, Al also serves as a mediator for Franklin County.
Previously with Jones Day, he began his tenure with Calfee as a partner in 1994.
- Business, Corporate and Commercial Litigation
- Employee Benefits Litigation
- White Collar Defense and Investigations
- Health Care
- Public Utilities and Telecommunications Litigation
- Appellate Proceedings Litigation
- Case Western Reserve University School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1984
- John Carroll University, B.S. and B.A., magna cum laude, Outstanding Finance Graduate, 1981
- State of Ohio