Calfee’s Health Care litigators provide practical, industry-specific counsel, backed up by the firm’s 40-plus general litigators and health care attorneys. We represent clients in court, arbitrations, mediations, administrative proceedings and throughout the government investigation process. Our clients include area health care systems; suppliers and manufacturers; hospitals; nursing homes; physicians; and other health care providers in a wide variety of litigation claims and administrative proceedings.
- Mergers and acquisitions of health care providers/payors
- Federal and state health care fraud, Stark and False Claims investigations
- Health care antitrust litigation
- Insurance-related litigation
- Staff privileges litigation
- Medical board hearings
- Contract disputes involving physicians, hospitals, suppliers, contractors, employees, insurers and managed-care entities
- Reimbursement disputes
- Non-competition issues
- Licensing matters
- Health systems and physicians in federal and state False Claims, Anti-kickback and Stark allegations, including negotiating settlements and corporate integrity agreements.
- Hospitals and physician groups in mergers, acquisitions, joint ventures, and buyouts.
- Area hospitals, clinics and other health care providers in litigation and disputes arising out of contracts with insurers, physicians, suppliers and others.
- Hospital and other health care providers in antitrust litigation.
- Health care employers in disputes and litigation with physicians and other medical professionals.
- Restructuring, governance, regulatory guidance and contracting for an academic medical center.
- Hospitals, clinics and physicians in connection with post-trial proceedings and appeals from excess verdicts and punitive damage awards in medical malpractice litigation.
- Providers in creating and updating compliance plans.
- Hospitals in connection with grand jury investigations conducted by the Department of Justice Antitrust Division.