Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, a full-service corporate law firm with offices in Cleveland, Columbus, Cincinnati and Washington, D.C. is seeking an Office Manager/Administrative Assistant for its new branch office in Washington, D.C. This position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operational functions of the office, as well as providing assistance to attorneys and Senior Policy Advisor. This hands-on position involves acting as a liaison with other office locations for administrative matters. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-starter, professional with a proactive work style, who doesn’t mind wearing multiple hats. Responsibilities will change as the business needs develop in the office.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provides administrative support to attorneys and Senior Policy Advisor.
- Effectively handles incoming and outgoing communications; research, prioritize and follow-up on matters in a timely and efficient manner.
- Works closely with attorneys and Senior Policy Advisor to keep informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Maintains organized and secure client and firm electronic and paper document files.
- Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities, functioning as a liaison with the other office locations.
- Responsible for researching, tracking and monitoring legislative and regulatory informational websites and on-line tools.
- Supervises and coordinates the day-to-day purchase of general office supplies and expense items, as well as the maintenance of office equipment, in accordance with established vendor relationships.
- Provides reception coverage, including managing incoming calls, greeting visitors and courier service pickups.
- Manages the day-to-day facilities operations (such as distributing building security access cards, reporting maintenance issues, ensuring comfort and functionality of the office space, etc.).
- Administers the office petty cash account.
- Provides assistance to the Information Technology department (i.e., provide the eyes and/or hands on-site while IT provides the knowledge/instructions necessary to do what needs to be done over the phone).
- Provides assistance to attorneys and staff in other office locations working through or on-site in the Washington DC office, such as hotel reservations and court filings.
- Supervises and coordinates special projects, such as office events and meetings.
- Provides assistance for local marketing efforts to the Marketing and Client Development team.
- Provides local support for the Director of Human Resources and the Professional Recruiting Coordinator in their recruiting efforts, such as coordinating meeting space for candidate interviews, and administering pre-hire tests.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of related experience.
- Experience and knowledge of the federal government and activities on Capitol Hill preferred.
- Previous supervisory and management experience in a law office or professional services environment desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills. Ability to acquire new skills as technology and the firm requires.
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and client services skills.
- Demonstrated clear, concise, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and deal effectively with demanding deadlines.
- Proven ability to lead by example and foster mentoring relationships.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits program and an excellent work environment. Qualified candidates should send their resume to: Lori Stenger, Calfee, Halter & Griswold LLP, The Calfee Building, 1405 East Sixth Street, Cleveland, Ohio 44114-1607, or E-mail: email@example.com. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.