Calfee and our architecture firm, Vocon, conducted research to discover the best technologies and the most efficient work practices for our attorneys and staff. As a result, The Calfee Building includes:
- Multiple collaborative workspaces to allow groups of attorneys to share ideas and work product.
- Wireless Internet access throughout the building, flat-screen video panels with computer connections in each conference room.
- The high-tech glass walls of the second floor conference rooms not only meet historic renovation guidelines, but allow for privacy at the flip of a switch.
- A conference center with rooms of various sizes near each other makes for efficient meetings for groups of two to 20 or more.
- The conference rooms are outfitted with professional-grade audio and video conferencing systems for use by Calfee attorneys and our clients.
The Calfee Building was revived as an elegant, LEED Gold-Certified Office. The design includes many eco-friendly – and wallet-friendly - features, such as:
- Motion-sensor sinks lessen water use.
- Daylight sensors control office lighting and reduce electricity use.
- The building’s historic windows were replicated but with energy-efficient features.
- Glass, metal, paper, and plastic are separated at recycling stations on each floor.
- Low VOC paints, carpet, furniture, and other project materials were used.
- A new white roof reduces heat gain on the building, lessening overall energy use.