Environmental: Clean Water Act
Calfee’s environmental attorneys have extensive knowledge of state and federal water regulatory issues and water quality standards. We counsel companies and municipalities to keep them compliant on all issues related to the Clean Water Act, including Sections 401 and 404 and Ohio isolated wetland permit counseling and negotiation, municipal combined sewer and sanitary sewer overflows control plans, water quality standards, National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES), and defense of enforcement cases and administrative appeals related to NPDES permits, injection well permits, and 208 Plans.
Examples of our work are listed below. Contact a member of our team for more information on our Clean Water Act experience.
- Representing municipalities in defense of U.S. EPA enforcement proceedings and consent decree related to SSO/CSO and various sanitary sewer tie-in issues.
- Represented a privately held public drinking water system in adjudication proceedings before the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency.
- Successfully defended municipality in administrative permit appeal related to compliance with state water quality plans.
- Represented municipality in challenge to Permits to Install for sanitary sewer extensions involving state water quality plan compliance and annexation issues.
- Successfully defended and resolved state enforcement action against public land owner on issues related to discharges to waters of the State.
- Counseled and revolved enforcement action related to compliance with Ohio injection well permits for private entity.
- Counseled and assisted private and public clients in obtaining Section 404 permits, Ohio isolated wetlands permits, individual and general NPDES permit coverage and injection well permits.