Environmentally Responsible Features
Formerly the East Ohio Gas Building, The Calfee Building was revived as an elegant, LEED Gold-Certified Office. The design includes many eco-friendly – and wallet-friendly - features, such as:
- Motion-sensor sinks lessen water use.
- Daylight sensors control office lighting and reduce electricity use.
- The building’s historic windows were replicated but with energy-efficient features.
- Glass, metal, paper, and plastic are separated at recycling stations on each floor.
- Low VOC paints, carpet, furniture and other project materials were used.
- A new white roof reduces heat gain on the building, lessening overall energy use.