Six Calfee Attorneys Earn “Lawyer of the Year” Honors
September 21, 2012 -
Six Calfee attorneys have received “Lawyer of the Year” honors in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America.
The Best Lawyers in America is a resource for lawyers and consumers in search of legal talent nationwide. Lawyers being honored as “Lawyer of the Year” are selected based on particularly impressive voting averages received during the exhaustive peer-review assessments conducted with thousands of leading lawyers each year. Receiving this designation reflects the high level of respect a lawyer has earned among other leading lawyers in the same communities and the same practice areas for their abilities, their professionalism, and their integrity.
Only a single lawyer in each practice area and designated metropolitan area is honored as the “Lawyer of the Year,” making this accolade particularly significant.
Calfee’s “Lawyers of the Year” are:
- Virginia D. Benjamin, Public Finance Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. GiGi is chair of Calfee’s Public Law and Finance Group. This is the eighth year GiGi has been included in “Best Lawyers.”
- Michael Brittain, Insurance Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. Mike is chair of Calfee’s Insurance Recovery Group. This is the fifth year Mike has been included in “Best Lawyers.”
- John J. Eklund, Antitrust Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. John is chair of the Antitrust and Trade Regulation group and also is head of the Antitrust Litigation practice at Calfee. This is the fifth year John has been included in “Best Lawyers.”
- Charles B. Lyon, Litigation/Intellectual Property “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. Chuck is the former chair of Calfee’s Intellectual Property Group. This is the 15th year Chuck has been included in “Best Lawyers” and the second time he has been named “Lawyer of the Year.”
- Thomas F. McKee, Securities/Capital Markets Law “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. Tom serves as Chairman of Calfee and he is co-chair of the firm’s Business Transactions Department, which includes the Securities and Capital Markets, Commercial Business and Finance, Real Estate, Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity groups. This is the 15th year Tom has been included in “Best Lawyers.”
- William L.S. Ross, Workers’ Compensation Law/Employers “Lawyer of the Year” for Cleveland. Will is co-chair of the firm’s Labor, Employment and Workers’ Compensation practice group. This is the seventh year Will has been included in “Best Lawyers.”
Read the release here >>